Click to expand2013 A.C.E. Winners 2012 A.C.E. Winners 2011 A.C.E. Winners 2010 A.C.E. Winners 2009 A.C.E. Winners
Capezio A.C.E. Awards Winners Festival
Capezio A.C.E. Awards
The Capezio A.C.E. Awards is a choreography competition dedicated to introducing the next generation of emerging and influential choreographers to the commercial dance world. Now in its sixth season, the Capezio A.C.E. Awards receives hundreds of choreography submissions every year, representing all styles of dance from tap, jazz, ballet, modern to musical theatre. The top 15 applicants are selected to present their work at The Dance Teacher Summit in New York City. A panel of representatives from Capezio, the Dance Teacher Summit, Dance Spirit Magazine, Dance Teacher Magazine and the dance industry deliberate to select 3 choreographers who will receive funds to produce a full-length show.
1. Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements:
- Only one submission per choreographer.
- All entries can be ANY style of dance: tap, jazz, ballet, musical theater, tap, hip-hop, contemporary, modern, etc.
- All entries must not exceed 5 minutes.
- Choreographers and dancers may be professional, amateur, or a combination thereof.
- Choreographers may choose to dance in their own piece.
- There must be at least 5 dancers in the group and all dancers must be ages 16+.
- All entries may be entered by the choreographer NOT by a dance group that has hired the choreographer to set the work.
- All performances must use music on CD.
- Performances may include props but no "sets".
- All entries must be available to compete at the 2014 Dance Teacher Summit in NYC.